The Plantronics Savi W740 has just been released in New Zealand. This is a multi-purpose headset that works with the telephone, mobile phone and PC.
We’ve tested this headset extensively and are pretty excited about it. It delivers great results with speech recognition and has great noise cancelling characteristics.
The ability to use one headset for all calls and PC use also make this the perfect headset for a secretary/typist who is required to both take calls and transcribe dictation.
Here is the Plantronics blurb:
Finally – the one we’ve been waiting for! With three-way connectivity, easily manage and switch between PC, desk phone, and now mobile calls from a single wireless headset. With a new convertible headset we’ve added the lightest DECT headset on the market to our suite of wearing styles so you can choose the one that’s best for you.
One intelligent headset to manage your PC, mobile and desk phone calls
- Automatically routes calls to the mobile phone or headset – whichever device is within easy reach
- Transfer audio from headset to mobile phone with a press of a button to take mobile calls on-the-road
- One-touch call answer/end, vol +/-, mute and flash controls across devices
- UC presence automatically updated when on a PC, mobile or desk phone call
- Energy efficient adaptive power system optimizes for range and talk time
- Conference in up to three additional headsets and guests can continue through multiple calls
- Lightest DECT wireless headset on the market
- Optional hot swappable battery kit lets you change battery mid-conversation delivering unlimited talk time
- Three comfortable, customizable wearing styles
- Advanced wideband audio using CAT-iq technology for high definition voice quality
- Voice-dedicated DECT™ technology eliminates Wi-Fi interference
- Noise-canceling microphone reduces background noise interruptions
- Enhanced Digital Signal Processing (DSP) provides more natural voice sounds
Click here to shop for this device.